Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Book Cover Image


I chose this image because this is truly what I see in young children today. They are very aware of the technology around them and can use cell phones, ipods, computers, touch pads, etc., with more mastery than most adults. It is natural to them to be involved with technology since they were born with it and have lived with it all their lives.
I have personally watched the vast changes in technology as I have grown. I didn't have a color television until I was in 3rd or 4th grade, and it was the only tv in the entire house. VCR's came in about my high school years. We didn't have computers in my school when I graduated, but we had them when I returned 4 years later to teach and they needed a floppy disc inserted before they would turn on. My first cell phone weighed about 5 pounds and was in a "bag" in my car. Sometimes I would drive a mile up the road to even get reception!
With each new change and new invention, I have tried to keep up but it just doesn't come "naturally" to me. However, my 5-year-old granddaughter can use her ipod like she's done it forever...hmm...I guess she has. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment